Updated July 12 2017
The Wilson Tobs fell to the Holly Springs Salamanders, 9-13, on Wednesday at Historic Fleming Stadium.
The Tobs move to 2-4 on the second half and 14-23 overall, while Holly Springs improves to 4-2 and 15-19 on the year.
- The Salamanders took an early 3-0 lead in the first off two doubles and a ground ball to shortstop that drove in a run
- The Tobs saw two runs cross the plate in the first as Kyle Butler scored on a wild pitch and Shane Shepard scored off a single from Conner Leonard
- Holly Springs added four more runs in the second to take a 7-2 lead
- Josh Ladowski hit a RBI-triple to right field in the third that scored Shepard from first to reduce the deficit, 7-3
- The Salamanders increased their lead to 11-3 after plating four runs in the fourth
- Roberto Rivera and Butler hit RBI singles in the fourth that scored Jake Holtzapple and Nick Kitzmann. Shepard tallied the last RBI of the inning off a walk that scored Tanner Johnson which lead to an 11-6 Salamanders lead.
- Ladowski hit a bases clearing double in the eighth that brought the Tobs within two, 11-9
- Holly Springs scored the final two runs in the ninth which lead to the final score, 13-9
- Shepard drew four walks and tallied an RBI with three runs scored
- Butler went 2-for-4 with a hit by pitch, run scored and a RBI
- Ladowski went 2-for-4 with a double, triple and four RBI
The Tobs will play an exhibition match on Tuesday at Historic Fleming Stadium against the HPThomasville Locos at noon. It will be Super Splash Day at the park that includes water features, dunking booths, Tobs player interaction, games and much more! The gates will open at 10:30 a.m.
The Wilson Tobs enter their 21st season as an original member within the Coastal Plain League for the 2017 summer. The upcoming season for the Tobs will see an expanded community outreach effort, increased participation in helping the less fortunate and more exciting entertainment for the Wilson Community. We would like to dedicate each successful season to the Wilson Community, Coastal Plain League Organization, Host Families, Sponsors Partners and the Dedicated Fans throughout the city of Wilson. The Wilson Tobs have played host to over 100 alumni taken in the draft and have produced a dozen players who have gone on to play in the MLB, including Cy Young & MVP winner Justin Verlander. For more information on the Wilson Tobs, visit our website www.wilsontobs.com.The Coastal Plain League is the nation’s premier summer collegiate baseball league. Celebrating its 22nd season in 2018, the CPL features 16 teams playing in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The CPL has had over 1,450 alumni drafted and 109 of those – including 2011 AL MVP and Cy Young winner Justin Verlander – make their Major League debut; while another notable alum – Russell Wilson – won Super Bowl XLVIII. For more information on the Coastal Plain League, please visit the league website at www.coastalplain.com and follow us via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat @CPLBaseball..Contact:
Eric Evans IIPhone: