Division Semifinals - August 7-9 (Wed.-Fri.)
East Semifinal 1 - (1) Edenton vs. (4) Fayetteville
|1||#1 Edenton 4, #4 Fayetteville 2 (12 Innings)||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#4 Fayetteville 7, #1 Edenton 3||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#1 Edenton 6, #4 Fayetteville 4||Box Score & Plays|
|Edenton wins series, 2-1|
East Semifinal 2 - (2) Peninsula vs. (3) Wilmington
|1||#3 Wilmington 5, #2 Peninsula 4||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#2 Peninsula 6, #3 Wilmington 2||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#2 Peninsula 8, #3 Wilmington 2||Box Score & Plays|
|Peninsula wins series, 2-1|
West Semifinal 1 - (1) Asheboro vs. (4) Gastonia
|1||#4 Gastonia 3, #1 Asheboro 0||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#4 Gastonia 5, #1 Asheboro 1||Box Score & Plays|
|3||Score (No Third Game Necessary)||Box Score & Plays|
|Gastonia wins series, 2-0|
Divisional Championships - August 11-13 (Sun.-Tues.)
East Division Championship - (1) Edenton vs. (2) Peninsula
|1||#2 Peninsula 9, #1 Edenton 0||Box Score & Plays|
|2||#1 Edenton 8, #2 Peninsula 4||Box Score & Plays|
|3||#2 Peninsula 4, #1 Edenton 1||Box Score & Plays|
|Peninsula wins series, 2-1|
CPL Petitt Cup Championship Round - August 15-17 (Thurs.-Sat.)
2013 CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs Picture
|East 1||Edenton Steamers||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 2||Peninsula Pilots||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 3||Wilmington Sharks||Team Playoff Statistics|
|East 4||Fayetteville SwampDogs||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 1||Asheboro Copperheads||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 2||Columbia Blowfish||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 3||HPThomasville HiToms||Team Playoff Statistics|
|West 4||Gastonia Grizzlies||Team Playoff Statistics|
The 2013 Coastal Plain League regular season shall be followed by the Petitt Cup Playoffs. The top four (4) teams in each division (East and West) will qualify. If a team wins the first half or second half in their respective division, then they will automatically qualify for the playoffs. The remaining spots for each division will go to the teams with the highest overall winning percentage at the end of the regular season within each division.
Per each division, the four teams will be seeded 1-4 based on overall winning percentage on the regular season. There will be two Division Series (round 1) in both the East and West divisions. In those series, seed 1 will play seed 4, while seed 2 will play seed 3 in a best two-of-three series.
The winners in each Division Series will advance to the Division Championship Series (round 2), and play in a best two-of-three series. Finally, the East champion and the West champion will meet for the Petitt Cup Championship (round 3), which is also a best two-of-three series.
The lower seed (i.e. 3/4) will host game 1 of each series, while the higher seed (i.e. 1/2) will host game 2 and 3 (if necessary). In the Championship Series, the higher seed (i.e. East #1 vs. West #3) will have home field advantage. If the two teams are the same seed (i.e. East #1 vs. West #1), then we will look at highest regular season winning percentage as the first tiebreaker to see who will have home field advantage. If another tiebreaker is needed then we will go to regular season head-to-head. The team winning two games in the Championship Series (best two-of-three) will be crowned the 2013 Coastal Plain League Petitt Cup Champion.
- Playoff spots will be confined to your respective division. Thus, if a team finishes fifth in their respective division, they will not qualify for the playoffs, regardless of whether or not their overall winning percentage is higher than one of the top four teams in the other division.
- If a team wins their division’s first or second half championship, then they are automatically in the playoffs. What seed (1-4) they will have depends on their overall winning percentage compared to the other teams in their division that qualify for the postseason.
*Tickets will be for sale by the host teams.
For ticket information, please contact each host team. Host teams will be announced as soon as they are known. In each series, the lower seed (i.e. in the first round, seeds 3 and 4 in each division) will host Game 1 and the higher seed (i.e. in the first round, seeds 1 and 2 in each division) will host Game 2 and Game 3 (if necessary).
This is the final 2013 CPL playoff picture:
- Edenton has clinched a berth into the 2013 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half and Second Half East Champions.
- Asheboro has clinched a berth into the 2013 Petitt Cup Playoffs as First Half and Second Half West Champions.
- Columbia, Fayetteville, Gastonia, High Point-Thomasville, Peninsula, Wilmington have clinched a berth into the 2013 Petitt Cup Playoffs as at-large teams.
- Florence, Forest City, Martinsville, Morehead City, Petersburg, and Wilson have been eliminated from playoff contention.